On October 31, Karen and I sped home from work or a doctor appointment to gather up Owen's costume, some food, and other sundry supplies. We then picked the boy up at daycare and rushed to visit with Aunt Lisa (for photos and a treat) before heading to the big Hall Zoo ween event at the MN Zoo. It was a toddler safe event in an environment that Owen knows and loves well. When Karen heard about the event, it really was a no-brainer for us. It was just too perfect a way to introduce Owen to trick or treating. No full masks were allowed by anyone (the idea was not to be too scary) and families just cruised through all the indoor animal exhibits of the zoo and stopped at treat stations (very few of which were candy) along the way.
Owen has only seen a few movies in his life (so far - with a filmophile father I'm sure he'll get a few 1,000 in before he's out of the house) and though Toy Story is probably his favorite, I think it is safe to say that Madagascar is in the #2 spot (at least this month ... Finding Nemo sometimes supplants it). So, among the various inexpensive costumes he had put before him, it was rather easy for him to choose a zebra. If he wasn't going to be Alex the lion, it was a sure bet that he would be Marty the zebra. I think he could've nailed a King Julian the ring-tailed lemur just as easily, but sadly, that costume wasn't for sale at Target. ;-)

Popi doesn't think he likes the head up! I'm partial to the lady bug, but I don't see Elmo! What a great event. Nani
ReplyDelete