From August 8 to August 12, the MN Ainslie clan went north to Ironwood for Camp Ainslie 2012 with Nani, Papa, Aunt Liz, and Cousin Ella. More accurately, most years there actually is some camping but this year because of how young Logi is we just stayed at my parents' house. But don't let our choice of domicile fool you. There was plenty to do! It seemed that every day was full of activity of some sort.
As I often do, I will post a small sampling of photos from our time there. There was an almost disgusting amount to choose from. To help you understand -- to put the sheer number of photos taken in perspective -- let me just share this. Karen has a co-worker who was in London for the Olympics (with almost unprecedented behind the scenes access) and came back saying she was amazed that she had taken so many photos. She took 500 during her entire trip. Passing a camera or two among us for all to take pictures when mood or opportunity struck, my family amassed over 800 in just a few days. Seriously.
I will break them up according to subject matter. There is bike riding, fun indoors, fun outdoors, a photoshoot in the back yard, a trip to Lake Superior, time at the Gogebic County Fair, a trip to the park, and Owen's first ever ice cream cone. Not sure what kind of order or how may of each I'll post, but as I've already warned you ... there are plenty.
We'll start off inside. In no particular order, here are some of my favorite pics taken inside my parents' house. You'll see lots of snuggling with the boys (especially Logi the "snuggle nugget"), playing with magnetic blocks and dinosaurs, Owen getting some dinosaur poop (dark Playdoh with plastic bones and plant matter inside), and an epic light saber battle between Karen and Ella.
Man the house was jumping!! It was perfect, everyone had their own space but a good thing we get along!! Logi is indeed a snuggle nugget but Owen gives great hugs too! Very rewarding for a gramma! I think the dogs really miss the kids! Who knew Dinosaur poop would be such a hit?! Love these gatherings. Nani
ReplyDeleteSo much fun!
ReplyDelete