Wednesday, January 16, 2013

Ainslie Xmas 2012 - Part 1

This year, we did Christmas Eve and Christmas Day at the Cavanaugh household. Then, after driving back to Shakopee and preppin' the house a bit, my parents, sister, and niece arrived at our place for a many day visit. I'm pretty sure Karen will handle posting about the Cavanaugh holiday so even though I'll be once again posting out of chronological order, I'm going to go ahead and get started with sharing some pics of the Ainslie visit.

As expected, 100s of photos were taken and with the boys now officially 3 1/2 and 1, there just isn't that much time for me to spend sifting through all of them to find all of the best shots or even to make sure everyone is represented. Just a reflection of the current reality. It is busy busy busy go go go all the time and I am just happy to keep this blog going at all to tell you the truth. That said, I have also learned that a great way to get through these massive collections of photos is to break them up into a bunch of smaller/shorter entries. That way, when kids get up from naps or need to be fed or changed or what have you, I can at least get something out for family and friends to look at. Not to mention do my part of establishing a historical photo record of our little clan as the boys grow up. And wow are they growing up fast!

I initially attempted to post over a week ago but had some technical difficulties with Internet Explorer 8. For some reason, I can't upload photos using IE. So, after figuring out that it wasn't a blog problem that was going to fix itself anytime soon, I went ahead and got Firefox uploaded and am using that.

So without furtho ado ... here are some miscellaneous favorite photos taken from the first few days of my family's visit to Shakopee for Ainslie Xmas 2012.

This first group is from a sledding adventure we took. Me, Karen, my Dad, Ella, and Owen. It was Owen's second time sledding and after some initial trepidation (the hill looked huge to him) he had a blast. The camera wasn't working well (batteries were low) so we didn't get as many good shots as we would've liked.








1 comment:

  1. Glad you got everything all worked out. We love being able to follow the family, just not enough face time!! Next time we will be sure to have plenty of sledding material. Looks fun! Nani

    ReplyDelete