Now that negative temperatures aren't the norm and 20's and 30's seem "warm," Minnesota cabin fever has kicked into high gear. That's why it makes perfect sense to bundle everybody up and walk around the neighborhood on a day when the high is in the 20s and the wind makes it feel much less. Sometimes you just gotta get out and get some fresh air, you know? After all, spring is almost here, right? Right? Well, this is Minnesota. March is statistically our heaviest snow fall month, April dissolves into weeks of gray and muddy slurry, and the leaves don't pop on the trees until May so ... I guess that even though the calendar says it will technically be spring soon, we Minnesotans should probably think of the upcoming time of the year as a "Time of Many Thaws." Of course this means that we will experience a "Time of Many Freezes" as well, but I'd rather look at the bright side. Silver lining and all that.
I'm pretty sure Owen agrees. So far, he hasn't met a puddle he doesn't like. Even a puddle with water hovering around a temp of 33 degrees. It only took 36 hours (or so) and dozens of balled up newspaper pages for us to get his boots dry after this one.
Karen took all the pics. Next time I'll be sure to get a shot of her in here too!
No comments:
Post a Comment