Tuesday, April 16, 2013

The Adventures of Fred and Chuck - Submarine Rides

Owen (aka "Fred") has been very interested in submarines lately. So, it was a small leap for me to begin saying he was in a submarine on a deep sea expedition while I dragged him around for rides in the laundry basket. As Logan (aka "Chuck") begged to be brought aboard, I soon began spinning a narrative of their adventures as Captain Fred and his First Mate Chuck. The two intrepid deep sea explorers bravely investigated reaches of the sea that included dangerous volatile underwater volcanoes (requiring multiple high speed exits of the sub and its crew), pods of narwhals and orcas, shallow seas full of sharks and coral reefs (where Chuck picked up a beach ball that was polluting the pristine sands), and opportunities to get out of the sub and SCUBA dive while their vehicle was refueled and underwent routine maintenance (me resting myself for the next house-wide 65+ lbs. weight drag - pretty good work out considering).

Owen ... er ... I mean Captain Fred was far more serious in his enjoyment of the story. He made it clear that he was on a mission and had orders for me and his first mate. He authoritatively pointed out new wildlife for us all to "see" and helped me describe what kind of ocean environment we were visiting. Lo-Chuck (unsurprisingly) was all smiles and giggles. There was only room for him to stand in his cramped submergible (I think he would've stood even if he had a choice of sitting) and he loved being able to play with his bro, see everything going on, and move without the need to walk. He especially loved the fast speed escapes and kitchen floor spins involved in his journey and shrieked and laughed out loud. For those that haven't heard it ... Lo-Chuck has an infectious laugh! Karen and I were giggling right along with him.






1 comment:

  1. We look forward to many more adventures for Captain Fred and first mate Chuck. I think there needs to be a bigger sub!! Make sure you keep the adventures in writing..... over the years it will evolve into a great book! Nani

    ReplyDelete