I then went to Owen's class and continued in my mock protest with the teacher. I was pleasantly surprised when the teacher shook her head and chuckled (giving me a look that seemed to say, "NOW I get it!") as she related to me that as soon as he heard the news about Viking day, Owen approached her and said, "I don't have any Vikings clothes or anything that is purple. So I am going to wear my Green Bay stuff." Way to go O! Of course, no one had any issues with a 4-year old wearing the team colors of his choice. They just didn't expect him to care enough to tell them how it was going to go down. I think we all were proud of the way he asserted himself and staked his claim to his team. They supported his choice and changed some of their signage to include the fact that another team and another color were being represented in their class. He was psyched. That said, he will no doubt change "his" team a few dozen times in the next few years so I figured I best enjoy the moment while I can (before he goes and does something crazy like ... GASP! ... become a Cowboys fan or something equally repulsive).
Logan (who is gaining words every day and comprehends SO MUCH of what people say to him) wanted to wear his shirt like his big brother "O wee" and Karen managed to get a great phone pic of them before taking them to daycare in the morning.
Then, she got another (a little blurry but a good pic nonetheless) on her phone on game day. The game didn't end as we might've liked but it was a well played away game against one of the best teams in football.
Let the record show that the three MN Ainslie men were united in our football fandom for at least the beginning of the 2013 season. A three-Pack Pack attack!
Did you notice that each boy has 2 different Packers T-shirts to choose from? Gotta have options. ;-)

Love this!!!
ReplyDeleteWay to stick up for "your" team Owen and regardless of the game outcome remember to be a loyal fan.....to whatever team you choose. Logan, following your older sibling is the way of the world..nice going. I am glad my boy kept his GB loyalty. Go Pack!!
ReplyDelete