Here is Run #1 - looking up. The half-"wall" (banked curve) that my dad and I created back in December has held up well and keeps sledders from dropping off the retaining wall and flying into the patio doors. A shovel-holding-Logan is standing behind the wall and gives you some perspective. Since this pic was taken, I have added a knotted rope along the trees on the right to help Owen haul himself up in the deeper snow (more of a psychological aid but still ... it helps). Now we just need the temperatures to get back above 15 degrees or so and we can get back out there and have fun!
Run #1 - Looking down. This shot was taken before Karen took her turn on the sled.
Run #2 - Looking up. I am sending Owen down for one of the first runs of the day. Notice the ramp of snow we built up on the highest point of our retaining wall.
Run #2 - Looking down. Logan is moving my way fast. Giggling all the way.
I put the breaks on the little dude before he goes too far.
Note to self: Heavy dudes on these sleds have to be careful not to
launch through the glass doors of the back porch! (I came close)
The boys are both checking to make sure I'm all right.
Since Karen was taking these pics with her phone ... we just have the Ainslie boys for this post. Owen helping me out in padding the back porch with snow and Logan being a little poser.







Mount Ainslie...I like that! Such a fun backyard...any time of year!
ReplyDelete