Friday, July 12, 2013

7-8-13! Cake!

After opening gifts, Logan was retrieved from day care. Kinda nice that daycare is a 3-minute drive from our house. Karen was there and back before we knew it. While she was gone, O and I cleaned up after gift opening and I helped him open or assemble all his new toys.

O-Fred chose his birthday dinner in advance and went with mac and cheese, chicken fingers, and carrot souflet. Kind of a yellowish/orange plate of food all told. Tasty enough though.

Of course, after dinner was birthday cake! Karen brought out the cake, put some candles in, we sang happy birthday, and giggled as he tried to blow the candles out (O is not yet very adept at focusing his breath in a direction of his choice ... aka "blowing"). Just like his dinner, Owen had specially requested the composition of his cake. Like my general aversion of parades, I'm also not really a "cake person," but I had a small slice. Like the yellow/orange dinner before it, it was tasty enough. Karen and Logan approved as well. That said, we learned that Owen didn't like the strip of strawberries inside the cake in practice as much as he liked them in theory. Note to self: no strawberries (or any fruit?) inside the chocolate cake next year.


1 comment: