Friday, June 8, 2012

The Como Zoo

On my birthday I decided to take the day off from work and spend some time with Owen. Jake went off to work, Logan to daycare, and Owen and I began our adventure.

We started the day by going to downtown Minneapolis and visiting my work (I know, why go to work on your day off??) - Owen had a BLAST riding the elevator to the 34th floor and looking out the big windows by my desk. We had breakfast at my desk and Owen met many of my co-workers. From there we hit the Como Zoo - which is the free zoo located between Minneapolis and St. Paul. We had never been before and, once I learned that they have zebras, giraffes, AND lions, it was a given that we had to visit.

It was a lot more crowded than the MN Zoo - mainly because it's free, but also because it was 85 and sunny. Owen loved seeing the zebras, giraffes, polar bears, lions, and tigers. He was not so sure about the big gorilla and did not want to get anywhere near him (can't blame him - the gorilla was about 7 feet tall and probably weighed 400 pounds). We had lunch together (dinosaur shaped chicken nuggets!!) and watched the famed sea lion "Sparky" put on a show before we headed home for nap time.

We hit a park in the afternoon and were home in time to greet Dad and Logan when they arrived. All-in-all a great birthday!

 

1 comment:

  1. What a perfect day!! I'm so glad the weather was nice (well, not rainy, 85 is too hot for me!) I bet the view 34 floors up was impressive for our young man. Wonder what zoo is his favorite? Nani

    ReplyDelete