Tuesday, June 26, 2012

D-A-D

This post is not about how or where we spent our Father's Day this year (that post is forth-coming) but a quick showcase of the photos that I took to build Jake's Father's Day gifts.  The first part of the gift was a three picture photo frame that I filled with pictures of the boys spelling out the word D-A-D.  The second part of the gift is a book that we will fill out over the years to capture the boys' thoughts about their Dad each year.  I asked Owen a series of questions about Jake and then documented the answers in the book.  The plan is to ask the same questions each year to see how the answers change.  A sample of the questions and Owen's answers:

Q: How old is your Dad?
A: 5

Q: What does your Dad always say to you?
A: That it's not time to watch Dinosaur Train yet.

Q:My favorite thing about my Dad is...
A: That he says nice words to me and he goes in the time tunnel.






2 comments:

  1. I love it, I love it, I love it! What a wonderful set of gifts! The pictures are great but I think the book will be a great family treat! Five, huh? Nice young Dad! Will be great fun to see the changes. Happy Father's Day. Nani

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gotta love that time tunnel...turns an old man 5! Surprised he doesn't want to watch more Dinosaur Train...keep trying O!!

    ReplyDelete