On November 17, the boys' daycare had a Fall Festival. Karen, O, and Lo attended and had a great time. (I was out hunting). These shots were taken by the new Director of the daycare and have become some of my recent favorites. Partly because they are sort of a reverse from normal (as far as photos of our family go). Usually, Logan is the laughing and smiling one in photos - he is just a very photogenic kid in that way. Now anyone who knows him knows that O is a very aware and intelligent kid and can be very philosophical and serious and thoughtful (with facial expressions and mannerisms to match), but he is also a typical kid -- excitable, silly, happy, loving, and prone to laughing out loud at the things that entertain 3 year olds. The thing is, he very often becomes instantly straight-faced when a camera points his way (as if he's trying to appear older or is irked by the image capturing intrusion).
These shots were great because they captured the fun and excited O that Karen and I know and love so well. And hilariously, Logan looks like a disheveled (and perhaps psychotic) baby in a civil war era photo - frozen in a serious and somewhat perturbed straight-faced stare. Those curly wings of hair over his ears crack me up! He had his first haircut soon after these photos and the wings went away, but something tells me, we haven't seen the last of them.
Karen and I LOVE this last photo! That's our happy boy!
I love that SMILE!!!! this is a Great shot, wish I had taken it. I think Loggi is ready for a nap....I know the feeling! Nani
ReplyDelete